I just read some articles on your website and feel my head spinning. I am in a cult, I woke up to this Jan of 08 with Steven Hassin’s B.I.T.E. model. Now I know for sure I am dealing with a sociopath/psychopath. I need to leave but we have a small child and I fear he will use his insane abilities to gain custody. My family backs me but only when I completely leave.

I do not know where to start. Any recommendations?

Thank you for your strength and website.

P.S. I only get access to the web when I am doing work for the group. I am trusted enough to be left alone.


Response by Dr. Kathie

You need to seek help through your DA’s office to get your name changed, and safe haven. You should definitely go to a shelter and hide there so they can help you with all of the above mentioned.

What state do you live in?

You can go to the police and tell them about your circumstance and say you are moving to another state and taking your son so that it won’t be kidnapping but this is more easily done through a shelter program helping you. But the choice is yours. You can connect with your state’s Victims of Crime Act and seek help as well.

I would recommend you seek safety at a shelter and then ask for them to help you change your identity through VAWA and the DA’s office and whatever other resources they have to help you. Keep your courage up. There are people who will support you in your struggle for safety and a new life.

-Dr. Kathie Mathis